By registering for The New Years Day Swim (NYDS) Event and accepting these Terms & Conditions, you consent for the organisers to use your contact information with the aim of keeping you up to date with NYDS Event Information and related Promotions : such as start times, date changes ; Associated Charity Support – eg. Nominated Charities to benefit, Cheque Presentations etc.
All communications will be limited to and event specific. No personal information will be shared with any third parties Not associated to The Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. Events.
By registering for The NYDS Event and accepting these Terms & Conditions, you consent for the organisers to contact you with information on future events and promotions run by The Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. Events.
You also consent to the fact that photographic imagery maybe taken during the events and this in turn may feature in NYDS Promotions such as website ; press ; and social media.
Should any participant wish to have any imagery removed and/or deleted from use, then this should be expressed in writing, to The Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. Committee, whom upon receipt will give due consideration for compliance.
Terms & Conditions
1. The organisers thank you for your expression of interest, but wish to stress, that before registering to participate in The NYDS Swim, you should be under no illusion as to the physical and mental challenge that a winter open water sea ‘Dash & Splash’ can pose.
2. The NYDS Swim is a ‘Dash & Splash’ in very cold open seas which are subject to tidal changes and in certain conditions, strong tidal currents.
3. In the interests of event safety, confirming entry and accepting these Terms & Conditions participants indicate to the organisers that they are medically fit, & able to participate in this event.
4. Should an incident take place which cannot be directly attributed to the Organisers, Safety Team, Volunteers, Appointed First Aid Members - The Event’s Team cannot and will not, be held liable for any losses incurred and/or injury to competitors and/or to volunteers travelling to or from the events, during the events and/or at the conclusion of the events.
5. (Unless directly attributed), each participant MUST accept full responsibility for their actions, any losses incurred and/or injury caused/incurred.
6. By way of making payment and registering for the event, entrants acknowledge the fact that they do so at their own risk and (unless directly attributed), organisers cannot and will not accept nor be held liable.
7. Prior to the start of the event, entrants have the opportunity to be issued with a coloured ‘NYDS’ wrist band. This indicates to organisers that you have Paid the required fee & eligible for the awarding of a Swim Medal.
8. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry if entrants do not comply with the Event’s Terms & Conditions.
9. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to arrange transport to and from all appointed locations relevant to the NYDS Swim.
10. Event Organisers accept no responsibility for arranging any form of participant conveyance, before, during and/or at the conclusion of the events, although suitable travel advice can be given upon request.
11. Start & Registration times will be updated closer to the Event date and communicated to all entrants (primarily by email & via The Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. / NYDS Swim Website & Facebook Sites).
12. All participants are encouraged to Pay the required entrant fee as this ensures that the Event can take place & that any Profits can be Donated to the Nominated Charities.
13. Failure to adhere to these Terms & Conditions & Pay the entry fee can leave the participant uninsured from the Event Cover Policy.
14. In the interests of event safety – in particular the extreme Cold Temperatures, The NYDS Event is Not deemed to be a ‘Sea Swim’ but a ‘Dash & Splash.’ When required or if requested by an event representative, ALL participants MUST exit the water & if required display their wrist band.
15. Any participant removed from the beach/sea, will then be transported to (Event Control) by Event Officials.
16. In the interests of event safety, Medically trained staff will be present and available at the top of the Harbour Slipway.
17. If the event’s Medical Team deems that a participant is NOT fit to take part, &/or continue, they will be instructed accordingly and removed from the event immediately.
18. Any participant removed from the event will be conveyed to the top of the harbour slipway (Event Control), by Event Officials (where, additional Medical Assistance is available).
19. In the interests of event safety, the Event's Medical Support Team’s instructions MUST be obeyed at all times.
(Failure to do so will result in immediate removal from the event).
20. In the interests of event safety, all requests, directions, commands, made by any Event Marshal, Water Safety Team Member, Appointed Medical Support Team Member, MUST be obeyed in Full. Failure to do so can result in immediate removal form the event.
21. In the interests of event safety, refunds or requests to exchange participant entry, to another, is strictly forbidden. (All Communications relating to Non-Event Participation should be referred to Event Organisers, prior to the Event Date - if and when possible).
22. If you have entered &/or registered, but are unable to take part, you should, if possible, notify an Event Marshall/Organiser/representative at registration.
23. A cancellation &/or non-participation received on the day of the events, can still result in being given the pre medal from alongside the Spar Shop, Saundersfoot - Note this is only available on the day of the event.
24. The NYDS Event is an outdoor open ‘Dash & Splash’ and as such, is dependent on favourable weather conditions.
25. In the interests of event safety, Organisers and Event partners/supporters, carry out weather (sea conditions) checks - days in advance of the event and also on the morning of the event.
Participants are encouraged to monitor the Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. / NYDS Swim web site & Facebook Pages for updates.
26. In the event of this not being possible please read our cancellation policy.
27. The NYDS Swim is organised with the intention of raising money for the pre-nominated Charities (As Detailed on the Event Web Site & Facebook Pages).
28. Should the scheduled event have to be cancelled for reasons out of the organisers control (such as – A Force Majeure, Weather Conditions etc.), no refund will be available as entry fees make up the costs for staging the event.
(Any Refund to be considered, will be based upon the timing of the cancellation and the levels of prepaid expenditure incurred by the organisers. Prepaid participant merchandise (Swim Medal) can form a part of the reimbursement and will be available to entrants).
To evidence the level of financial entitlement/reimbursement, a break-down of pre-event costings (incurred by organisers) can be detailed, following a written request to The NYDS Swim Committee.
29. At the time of event entries opening there are no legal restrictions relating to Covid-19 in the UK (including Wales).
30. Given these facts, combined with the UK understanding of how COVID-19 can be prevented and treated, the UK government has implemented a "Living with COVID" strategy. This strategy means that There is no distinction between vaccinated and unvaccinated ; There is no legal duty to self-isolate if you have symptoms COVID-19 ; Face coverings are voluntary in public spaces or areas of high numbers of people. There is, however, guidance provided by the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to ensure a COVID secure event can take place. Outdoors is safer than indoors ; If you have symptoms, stay in your accommodation and test yourself and avoid contact with other people
31. It is the participants sole responsibility to arrange for a refund (in writing to The NYDS Swim Committee), and/or collection of the entrant’s swim medal from the Event’s Organisers. This should be done within 14 x Days of the Event’s Cancellation Date.
32. All participants should take precautions to remain safe and ensure the safety of fellow competitors and the general public at all times.
33. Any individual behaving in a manner deemed to be placing other participants, volunteers and/or members of the public at Risk, will be disqualified immediately and removed from the event.
34. Any photographs or videos taken by the approved event photographers and/or film crew remains the sole property of the individual photographer and Event Organisers.
35. By way of entering this event and accepting these Terms & Conditions, participants agree for the Organisers and Promoters, to use images and/or videos, taken on the lead up to, during and following the event – primarily in a promotional and positive manner - following the Positive Ethos of Event Organisers and The Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. branded Charity Events. Images/Footage may feature in NYDS Promotions such as website ; press ; and social media.
36. Should a participant wish to have a NYDS associated image removed from promotional use – A request MUST be made to Event Organisers in writing, whom upon receipt will give due consideration for compliance.
37. All communications will be limited to and event specific. No personal information will be shared with any third parties Not associated to The Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd. Events.
38. Should an entrant wish to withdraw from the event then a written request should be made to The NYDS organisers following which due consideration shall be given as to the possibility of a : Full refund ; Partial Refund ; Transfer of Pre Purchased Event Merchandise (Swim Medal) ; This will be done on a case by case merit.
Copyright © 2023 Saundersfoot Festivities Ltd - All Rights Reserved.